LCA in agricultural- and food products
including an exclusive workshop 'Sustainable Diets'
Date: 2017 - to be determined (send us an email and we keep you informed about the dates)
Location: the Netherlands
- Are you new in Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)?
- Are you interested in the balance between environmental impact and nutritional value of food?
- Do you want to increase your skills in life cycle assessments and the understanding of sustainable diets?
- Or are you engaged in complex environmental analyses of agricultural and food products?
We are happy to welcome you! On a regular basis Blonk Consultants organises Life Cycle Assessment trainings, focused on agricultural and food products. This training is a perfect start to gain a better understanding of LCA. Our LCA experts will take you step by step through the LCA landscape, from theory towards methodological standards and recent developments in the work field. Of course there is room for discussions and questions. Moreover, the training includes several interesting and hands-on exercises, which will help you to gain a deep understanding of the daily practise of LCA.
Focus of the LCA training
This LCA training consists of theory, practical examples and hands-on exercise.
After completion you will have practical insight into:
Landscape of food LCAs
- History of LCAs
- Recent developments in LCA
- Methodological standards,
- Limitations of LCA and the complexity of LCAs of plant and animal production.
- Principles of LCA methodology
Principles of LCA methodology
- Introduction to life cycle thinking
- Definition of Goal & Scope: Effective definition of the objectives of your study, functional unit, reference flow, system boundaries, allocation and end-of-life.
- Life Cycle Inventory Analysis: Data collection and the quality of data from various sources
- Life Cycle Impact Assessment: Characterisation, normalisation and weighting
- Interpretation of the results: How to come to valid and solid conclusions?
Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) - Getting ready for the PEF
- What is the PEF?
- State of affairs regarding the development of the PEF
- PEF in the future
Calculations and case studies
- Calculation of the environmental impact of crop cultivation
- Calculation of the environmental impact of crop processing
- Calculation of the environmental impact of animal husbandry
The course and course materials will be in English.
Additional workshop 'Sustainable Diets'
Besides the LCA training we also organise an exclusive additional workshop on 'Sustainable Diets'.
During this interactive workshop you will learn more about the balance between environmental impact and nutritional value of food and food patterns. You will gain insights in the current knowlegde on sustainable diets. Furthermore, theory will be translated into practice through various exercises. You will become acquinted with Optimeal®, which is a software package for optimization of diets on health and sustainability. This tool enables to grasp the full picture of healthy and sustainable nutrition.
After completion you will have insight in the importance of healthy and sustainable diets. Besides that you will learn how healthy and sustainable diets can be put into practice.
It is also possible to just attend this workshop.
|Two day LCA training & Workshop 'Sustainable Diets'||€ 2.500,- ex VAT||This includes three lunches, diner on the first evening, folder with all presentations, hand-outs, Excel templates and exercises.|
|Two day LCA traiing||€ 1.950,- ex VAT||This includes two lunches, diner on the first evening, folder with all presentations, hand-outs, Excel templates and exercises.|
|Workshop 'Sustainable Diets'||€ 950,- ex VAT||This includes lunch, folder with all presentations and hand-outs|
DiscountIf you register with two or more persons of your organisation you will receive a discount.
Please contact us for further details.
A few reviews of our training participants(January, July 2015 & February 2016)
“Nice introduction in a very complex domain”
“The course really goes into great detail. There is enough time to discuss questions”
“Good link between theory and assignments. Would recommend the course”
“The course provides a solid basis to understand LCA”
“Pleasant to have discussions with people from different companies and organisations”